It feels like we just moved summer gear out of storage and now it is time to swap flip flops for snow boots. Dover Mini Storage is here to help every step of the way. Here at Dover Mini Storage we want to help you store your belongings like a pro and with these self storage tips you can! The weather plays an important role in what should be stored and how to best protect it. With our help and self storage tips you will have open organized space at your home or office.
- Take spark plugs off and remove the battery. Placing the battery indoors for the winter will stop you from having to replace it come spring.
- Drain the gas tank to avoid clogged lines.
- Underneath the lawn mower gets stuck with grass and yard clippings.
- Top off oil with a stabilizer or drain oil all together.
- Sharpen shovels and other gardening tools. This is a great time to see if any tools need replaced after a long summer of yard work.
- Clean off all parts of the grill. Any leftover scents or droppings of food attract rodents, which can be damaging to your other belongings in storage.
- Spray the inside with oil to keep your grill from rusting out.
- Leave the propane and charcoal at home! Storage units at Dover Mini Storage should not have propane tanks or any flammable liquids.
- Place DampRid around the inside to keep mold from growing in case condensation happens.
- Keep the fridge door open after cleaning it, to keep air flow moving through out the appliance.
- Clean carpets and remove any another fabric items for cleaning.
- Talk with us about RV storage at Dover Mini Storage.
Self storage tips from the experts at Dover Mini Storage can prepare your RV, vehicle and personal items for storage. Take a tour and choose your Dover PA storage unit today!